Main Article Content
Artificial intelligence (AI) is evolving quickly, and its applications are attracting attention on a global scale. They have the potential to revolutionize many dimensions of human life, including education. AI has reformed various teaching methodologies, assessment methods and by enhancing their competitiveness and adaptability. In the current era, after the pandemic most preferably the AI and Education have interwoven and is continued to grab the attention of Academicians, Tutors, Instructors, the government, and students so that the research keeps AI and education intermingled for the benefit of society at large. The goal of our work is to present a visualization in form of the research trends and bibliometric analysis of research on the implementation of AI in HE during the 20 years. The study involves various parameters to include and exclude the research articles, we assessed 314 publications written by scientists in 67 different countries over the course of the last 20 years and included in the Scopus database. The study used word analysis and a variety of bibliometric markers to look at emerging patterns. In order to visualize the prominent research trends by locating keywords utilized inside AI in HE, VOSviewer was used...
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The author declares that the submitted to Journal of e-Learning and Knowledge Society (Je-LKS) is original and that is has neither been published previously nor is currently being considered for publication elsewhere.
The author agrees that SIe-L (Italian Society of e-Learning) has the right to publish the material sent for inclusion in the journal Je-LKS.
The author agree that articles may be published in digital format (on the Internet or on any digital support and media) and in printed format, including future re-editions, in any language and in any license including proprietary licenses, creative commons license or open access license. SIe-L may also use parts of the work to advertise and promote the publication.
The author declares s/he has all the necessary rights to authorize the editor and SIe-L to publish the work.
The author assures that the publication of the work in no way infringes the rights of third parties, nor violates any penal norms and absolves SIe-L from all damages and costs which may result from publication.
The author declares further s/he has received written permission without limits of time, territory, or language from the rights holders for the free use of all images and parts of works still covered by copyright, without any cost or expenses to SIe-L.
For all the information please check the Ethical Code of Je-LKS, available at http://www.je-lks.org/index.php/ethical-code
- Akgun, S., & Greenhow, C. (2021). Artificial Intelligence in Education: Addressing Ethical Challenges in K-12 Settings. AI and Ethics, 1-10.
- Alam, A. (2021). Possibilities and Apprehensions in the Landscape of Artificial Intelligence in Education. In 2021 International Conference on Computational Intelligence and Computing Applications (ICCICA), pp. 1-8. IEEE
- Chen, L., Chen, P., & Lin, Z. (2020). Artificial Intelligence in Education: A Review. Ieee Access, 8, 75264-75278.
- Chen, X., Zou, D., Xie, H., Cheng, G., & Liu, C. (2022). Two Decades of Artificial Intelligence in Education: Contributors, Collaborations, Research Topics, Challenges, and Future Directions. Educational Technology & Society, 25(1), 28-47.
- Dong, Y., Hou, J., Zhang, N., & Zhang, M. (2020). Research on How Human Intelligence, Consciousness, and Cognitive Computing Affect the Development of Artificial Intelligence. Complexity, 2020, 1680845, 1-10.
- Hwang, G. J. (2014). Definition, Framework and Research Issues of Smart Learning Environments - A Context-Aware Ubiquitous Learning Perspective. Smart Learning Environments, 1(1), No.4, pp. 1-14.
- Hwang, G. J., Xie, H., Wah, B. W., & Gašević, D. (2020). Vision, Challenges, Roles and Research Issues of Artificial Intelligence in Education. Computers and Education: Artificial Intelligence, 1, 100001.
- Kim, N. Y., Cha, Y., & Kim, H. S. (2019). Future English Learning: Chatbots and Artificial Intelligence. Multimedia-Assisted Language Learning, 22(3), 32-53.
- Li, J., Cheng, H., Guo, H., & Qiu, S. (2018). Survey on Artificial Intelligence for Vehicles. Automotive Innovation, 1(1), 2-14
- Limna, P. (2022). Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the Hospitality Industry: A Review Article. International Journal of Computing Sciences Research, 6
- Limna, P., Siripipatthanakul, S., & Phayaphrom, B. (2021). The Role of Big Data Analytics in Influencing Artificial Intelligence (AI) Adoption for Coffee Shops in Krabi, Thailand. International Journal of Behavioral Analytics, 1(2), 1-17.
- Luan, H., Geczy, P., Lai, H., Gobert, J., Yang, S.J., Ogata, H., Baltes, J., Guerra, R., Li, P., & Tsai, C.C. (2020). Challenges and Future Directions of Big Data and Artificial Intelligence in Education. Frontiers in Psychology, 11, 580820
- Mitchell, M. (2019). Artificial Intelligence: A Guide for Thinking Humans. Penguin UK
- Makridakis, S. (2017). The Forthcoming Artificial Intelligence (AI) Revolution: Its Impact on Society and Firms. Futures, 90, 46-60.
- Miao, F., Holmes, W., Huang, R., & Zhang, H. (2021). AI and Education: A Guidance for Policymakers. UNESCO Publishing.
- Ouyang, F., & Jiao, P. (2021). Artificial Intelligence in Education: The Three Paradigms. Computers and Education: Artificial Intelligence, 2, 100020.
- Owoc, M. L., Sawicka, A., & Weichbroth, P. (2019). Artificial Intelligence Technologies in Education: Benefits, Challenges and Strategies of Implementation. IFIP International Workshop on Artificial Intelligence for Knowledge Management, pp. 37-58.
- Pabby, G., & Kumar, N. (2017). A review on artificial intelligence, challenges involved & its applications. Int J Adv Res Comput Eng Technol (IJARCET), 6(10).
- Roll, I., & Wylie, R. (2016). Evolution and Revolution in Artificial Intelligence in Education. International Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Education, 26(2), 582
- Shabbir, J., & Anwer, T. (2018). Artificial Intelligence and Its Role in Near Future. arXiv preprint arXiv:1804.01396
- Tong-On, P., Siripipatthanakul, S., & Phayaphrom, B. (2021). The implementation of business intelligence using data analytics and its effects towards on performance in the hotel industry in Thailand. International Journal of Behavioral Analytics, 1(2), 1-16.
- Tiwari, R. G., Misra, A., Kukreja, V., Jain, A. K., & Ujjwal, N. (2022, October). Education 4.0: Classification of Student Adaptability Level in E-Education. In 2022 10th International Conference on Reliability, Infocom Technologies and Optimization (Trends and Future Directions)(ICRITO) (pp. 1-6). IEEE.
- Yufeia, L., Salehb, S., Jiahuic, H., & Syed, S. M. (2020). Review of the Application of Artificial Intelligence in Education. Integration (Amsterdam), 12(8), 1-15.