Main Article Content
The consequences of the pandemic on the school system are currently being debated in the main international organizations, in the scientific and educational communities. Over the last year, several researches in the educational field have had the purpose, on the one hand, of analyzing the educational implications connected to the introduction of Distance Learning (DaD) then Integrated Distance Learning (DiD), on the other hand, to reflect on aspects related to initial and in service teacher training. The aim is to provide some suggestions for facing the educational challenges of the current situation. In this broad debate, a further focus of analysis concerns the impacts of DAD on the most fragile subjects of the school system such as students with disabilities. For this reason, the research aims to explore some aspects inherent to the teaching experiences carried out by a sample of support teachers of different school grades in the last two years. The research analyzed the strategies used in the perspective of inclusive teaching as well as the results achieved and the personal and contextual resources activated by teachers to face this educational challenge. In line with the results of the main international and national researches, the results here presented give back some pedagogical reflections and some indications for teaching. These considerations can be a further element to hoard the lessons learned from the current educational challenge also in relation to the initial and in-service training of teachers.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.
The author declares that the submitted to Journal of e-Learning and Knowledge Society (Je-LKS) is original and that is has neither been published previously nor is currently being considered for publication elsewhere.
The author agrees that SIe-L (Italian Society of e-Learning) has the right to publish the material sent for inclusion in the journal Je-LKS.
The author agree that articles may be published in digital format (on the Internet or on any digital support and media) and in printed format, including future re-editions, in any language and in any license including proprietary licenses, creative commons license or open access license. SIe-L may also use parts of the work to advertise and promote the publication.
The author declares s/he has all the necessary rights to authorize the editor and SIe-L to publish the work.
The author assures that the publication of the work in no way infringes the rights of third parties, nor violates any penal norms and absolves SIe-L from all damages and costs which may result from publication.
The author declares further s/he has received written permission without limits of time, territory, or language from the rights holders for the free use of all images and parts of works still covered by copyright, without any cost or expenses to SIe-L.
For all the information please check the Ethical Code of Je-LKS, available at http://www.je-lks.org/index.php/ethical-code
- Ajello A. M., (2002), Apprendimento e competenza: un nodo attuale. Scuola e Città, 1, pp. 39-56. (Tr.: Learning and competence: an actual issue)
- Aiello, P., Pace, E.M.,(2020) Inclusive Educational Principles, Policies and Practices in Italy,In Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Education. Ed. Umesh Sharma. New York: Oxford University Press, pp. 1-22.
- Azevedo, J.P., Halsey, Rogers, F., Ahlgren, S. E., Cloutier, M. H., Chakroun, B., Chang, G., Mizunoya, S., Reuge, N. J., Brossard, M., Bergmann, J. L., (2021a), The State of the Global Education Crisis: A Path to Recovery. Washington, D.C.: World Bank Group, url: http://documents.worldbank.org/curated/en/416991638768297704/The-State-of-the-Global-Education-Crisis-A-Path-to-Recovery
- Azevedo, J.P., Montoya, S., Akmal, M., Wong, Y. N., Gregory, L., Geven, K. M., Cloutier, M. H., (2021) Learning Poverty Updates and Revisions: What’s New? Working Paper. Washington, DC: World Bank, url: https://openknowledge.worldbank.org/handle/10986/36082
- Basilaia, G., Kvavadze, D., (2020), Transition to online education in schools during a SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic in Georgia. Pedagogical Research, url: https://doi.org/10.29333/pr/7937
- Batini, F., Sposetti, P. & Szpunar, G., (2021), La parola alle e agli insegnanti. Prima analisi di categorie e sottocategorie delle risposte qualitative al questionario SIRD, in AA.VV. La DaD in emergenza: vissuti e valutazioni degli insegnanti italiani. Scelte metodologiche e primi risultati nazionali, Pensa MultiMedia, Lecce, (Tr.: Leaving the floor to teachers. First analysis of categories and subcategories of qualitative answers to the SIRD questionnaire, in AA. VV., Distance learning in emergencies: Italian teachers’ life experience and evaluation. Methodological choices and first national results)
- Bocci, F., (2017) Valorizzare il corso di formazione per la specializzazione alle attività di sostegno: l’esperienza laboratoriale di RomaTre, in G. Domenici (ed.), La formazione iniziale e in servizio degli insegnanti, Armando, Roma, (Tr.: Valuing specialization training in Special Education: the workshop experience of RomaTre, in G. Domenici (ed.), The teacher’s initial training and during their service)
- Council of the European Union, (2021-2030) 2021/C 66/01. Council Resolution on a strategic framework for European cooperation in education and training towards the European Education Area and beyond Retrieved, url: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/ALL/?uri=CELEX3A32021G0226280129
- D’Alonzo, L., & Cottini, L., Promuovere l’inclusione: l’insegnante specializzato per le attività di sostegno in primo piano, (numero monografico), II/2, 2014. (Tr.: Fostering inclusion: focus on the teacher qualified in Special Education)
- Denzin, N. K., Lincoln, Y. S., (1994) Handbook of Qualitative Research. Thousand Oaks: Sage Publications.
- Doucet, A., Netolicky, D., Timmers, K. & Tuscano, F. J, (2020 ) Thinking about pedagogy in an unfolding pandemic. Work of Education International and UNESCO. Retrieved, url: https://issuu.com/educationinternational/docs/2020_research_covid-19_eng
- Fabbri, L., (1994) Ricerca pedagogica e pratiche educative. Per una pedagogia come scienza pratica. Tecnodid, Napoli, (Tr.: Pedagogical research and educational practices. For a pedagogy as practical science).
- Fernández-Cruz, & F. J., Fernández-Diaz, J., (2016) Generation Z’s Teachers and their Digital Skills, Comunicar, 46(24), 97-105.
- Fiorenzato, E., Zabberoni, S., Costa, A. & Cona, G., (2021), Cognitive and mental health changes and their vulnerability factors related to COVID-19 lockdown in Italy, PLoS ONE, 16, 1: e0246204.
- Fondazione Agnelli (2021), La DaD alle scuole superiori nell’anno scolastico 2020-21: una fotografia, url: (Tr. Distance learning at high school in the school year 2020-21)
- Gonzalez-Ramirez, J., Mulqueen, K., Zealand, R., Silverstein, S., Mulqueen, C., & Bushell, S., (2021) Emergency Online Learning: College Students’ Perceptions During the COVID-19 Pandemic, College Student Journal, 55(1), 29-46.
- Guba, E. G., & Lincoln, Y. S.,(1989) Fourth generation evaluation. Thousand Oaks, Sage.
- Hamilton, L. S., Kaufman, J. H., & Diliberti, M.,(2020) Teaching and Leading through a Pandemic: Key Findings from the American Educator Panels Spring 2020 COVID-19 Surveys. Data Note: Insights from the American Educator Panels. Research Report. RR-A168-2. RAND Corporation.
- Herberger, D.,(2020) Considerations for teachers providing distance learning to students with disabilities, WestEd.
- INDIRE,(2020) Indagine Impatto della pandemia sulle pratiche didattiche e organizzative delle scuole italiane nell’anno scolastico 2020/21 report giugno 2020. (Tr.: Survey Impact of pandemics on the educational and operational practices in the Italian schools during the school year 2020/2021)
- INVALSI, (2021) I risultati delle prove INVALSI, url: (Tr.: INVALSI tests: the results)
- IPSOS, (2021)I giovani ai tempi del coronavirus, (Tr.: The youth at the time of Coronavirus) url: https://s3.savethechildren.it/public/files/uploads/pubblicazioni/i-giovani-ai-tempi-del-coronavirus.pdf
- Mantovani, S., (a cura di), (1998) La ricerca sul campo in educazione. I metodi quantitativi, Mondadori, Milano, (Tr.: On field research in Education. Quantitative Methods)
- Maragliano, R., (2000) Tre ipertesti su multimedialità e formazione. Laterza. (Tr. Three Hypertexts about multimedia and education)
- Marek, M. W., Chew, C. S., & Wu, W. C. V. (2021). Teacher experiences in converting classes to distance learning in the COVID-19 pandemic. International Journal of Distance Education Technologies (IJDET), 19(1), 40-60.
- Mascheroni, G., Saeed, M., Valenza, M., Cino, D., Dreesen, T., Zaffaroni, L. G., & Kardefelt-Winther, D., (2021) Learning at a Distance: Children’s remote learning experiences in Italy during the COVID-19 pandemic, UNICEF Office of Research. Florence, url: https://www.unicef-irc.org/publications/pdf/learning-at-a-distance-childrens-remote-learning-experiences-in-italy-during-the-covid-19-pandemic.pdf (accessed 20 April 2021).
- Murdaca A.M., Epasto A., Smeriglio D., Oliva P., (2017) Fattori individuali e atteggiamenti degli insegnanti per un uso efficace delle tecnologie digitali. Un progetto di ricerca. In P. LIMONE e D. PARMIGIANI (a cura di), Modelli pedagogici e pratiche didattiche per la formazione iniziale e in servizio degli insegnanti (240-257). Progedit, Bari, - ISBN 978- 886194-293-6 (Tr. Individual factors and the teachers’ behaviors for using efficiently digital technologies. A research project. In P. LIMONE e D. PARMIGIANI (a cura di), Pedagogical models and educational practices for the teachers’ initial training and during their service)
- Patera, S.,(2018) Tra “il dire e il fare” nella relazione insegnamento-apprendimento. Un caso di studio sulle rappresentazioni degli insegnanti in formazione iniziale. Formazione & Insegnamento XVI (3), 2018. (Tr.: “Talk is cheap” in the teaching – learning relationship. A case study on the representations of the teachers in initial training)
- Patton, M.Q., (2015)Qualitative Research and Evaluation methods. Thousand Oaks, Sage.
- Petrie, C., (2020) Spotlight: Quality education for all during COVID-19 crisis. United Nation,url: https://hundred.org/en/collections/quality-education-for-all-during-coronavirus
- Pokhrel, S. & Chetri, (2021) A literature review on impact of COVID-19 pandemic on teaching and learning, Higher Education for the Future, 8(1), pp. 133-141.
- Sannicandro, K., De Santis, A., Bellini, C., Minerva, T. (2021). Competenze digitali e di (ri)progettazione didattica: proposte di formazione per gli insegnanti. QTimes, Anno XIII - n. 2, pp. 292-309 (Tr.: Digital Skills and for educational (re-) designing: training proposals for teachers)
- Save the Children, (2016) Liberare i bambini dalla povertà educativa. A che punto siamo? Roma, Save the Children Italia. (Tr.: Rescuing children from educational poverty. Where are we?)
- Save the Children, (2021) Our covid-19 response. Impact in 2020. Save the Children International, 2021, Retrieved, url: https://resourcecentre.savethechildren.net/document/covids-educational-time-bomb-out-of-school-children-global-snapshot/
- Save the Children, (2014) La lampada di Aladino, url: (Tr. Alladin’s Lamp) https://s3.savethechildren.it/public/files/uploads/pubblicazioni/la-lampada-di-aladino.pdf
- Schleicher A., & Reimers F.,(2020) Schooling Disrupted, Schooling Rethought: How the COVID-19 Pandemic is Changing Education, OECD Publications, Paris.
- Silverman, D., (2016) Qualitative research. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publication.
- Stringher, C., (2021) Apprendere ad apprendere in prospettiva socio-culturale. Rappresentazioni dei docenti in sei paesi, Franco Angeli, Milano, (Tr. Learning how to learn in a socio-cultural perspective. Teachers’ representations in six countries)
- Trinchero, R., (2002) Manuale di ricerca educativa, Franco Angeli, Milano. (Tr.: Educational research Handbook)
- Trinchero, R., (2021) Insegnare ai tempi del lockdown. Le differenze regionali, in AA.VV, La DaD in emergenza: vissuti e valutazioni degli insegnanti italiani. Scelte metodologiche e primi risultati nazionali (pp. 52-72). Lecce: Pensa multimedia. (Tr.: Teaching in times of lockdown. regional differences).
- UIS-UNESCO, (2020)Out-of-School Children and Youth, url: http://uis.unesco.org/en/topic/out-school-children-and-youth
- UNESCO, (2021) Understanding the impact of COVID-19 on the education of persons with disabilities: Challenges and opportunities of distance education, Paris, Policy Brief. url: https://unesdoc.unesco.org/ark:/48223/pf0000378404
- Van de Velde, S., Buffel, V., Bracke, P., Van Hal, G., Somogyi, N. M., Willems, B., (2021) The COVID-19 International Student Well-being Study. Scandinavian Journal of Public Health, 49(1), pp. 114-122
- Vicari, S., & Di Vara, S., eds., (2021) Bambini, adolescenti e Covid-19. L’impatto emotivo della pandemia dal punto di vista emotivo, psicologico e scolastico. Trento: Erickson. (Tr. Children, adolescents and Covid-19. The emotional impact of the pandemic from an emotional, psychological and academic point of view).
- Wagner, E., & Warren, H., (2020) Save Our Education: Protect every child’s right to learn in the COVID-19 response and recovery. Save The Children, 2020, url: https://resourcecentre.savethechildren.net/node/17871/pdf/save_our_education_0.pdf
- Zammuner, V.L., (1998) Tecniche dell’intervista e del questionario. Il Mulino, Bologna. (Tr.: Interviewing techniques and of the questionnaire)